Tuesday, December 30, 2008


So here is Arlecchina!.. one of the characters of my thesis based on the Venetian Carnival theme.
so of the 3 characters I did.. these was the most complicated and challenging overall to do, as it had alot of details, as well as making the face was challenging to get and get a good topology as well.
The Concept was done by my friend Robert Barros (can check his work on the links)and the modeling was done by me in Maya using Polygons only.. but switching back and forth with the interactive subD preview to see how the smooth will look like.
There are some details that I could have done using textures.. but it was fun to model for the challenge.
Certainly in the near future.. I will texture it and add extra details like folds and some patterns.. but that will be for a near future. for now enjoy the actual model.
Any suggestions are more than Welcome! thanks enjoy!

So here are the Wireframes for the War Galley I posted before.
it was modeled using mainly polygons, but i used nurbs for the initial modeling of the hull of the ship and also for all the rigging.
also I am planning to add more details that are missing after gathering newer information from my trip to Europe where i was able to get most of the references for missing pieces.. and also I have a much broader knowledge of why they had certain things on the ship as well on how the sails worked and were put together in real life.
hope you like it.

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Props I did for Resistance 2

Hi guys!.. here are a couple of props I did for Resistance 2, while I was doing my internship these past summer at Insomniac games!.

So here is the Iceland Hut Radio I did for the game.
I modeled It based on an image provided to me and did the UV mapping, texturing of it!
I got to use Parallax map for the first time while I was at Insomniac.(really cool to see the effect of Parallax on the model in real time while tweaking It up)It is like pushing the normal maps a bit further into more of a 3D Illusion.

For the Stove I did the research of it by gathering many pictures of stoves of the 1950's era and modeled it from those pics.
I also did the the UV mapping and texturing of it. In which I did a set of textures for color, Normal, specularity and Parallax(even thought i didn't put it on the pic).
for the rest of the stove, I did a tiny white tile texture in which we used overlay texture and detail textures of dirt, for the rest of the stove. as well as the use of Steve's shader for the other metal pieces that don't appear on the textures I did.

Also I wanted to give special thanks to Yancy Young for mentoring me, and helping me out in learning the proprietary tools necessary to get the models done properly and providing feedback and Fun while I was working there.
also thanks to rest of the environment team and all others who made that summer a fun experience of learning and working while still having fun!